RE: Languageless Typed Literals

Pat,

Can we take that as support for Option 1?

Patrick

Not very difficult.  I am ready for almost any decision we make, I
think. I have the relevant changes scoped out for them all, and will
do the edits once we decide.

But...

>c) impact on OWL support for XML Literals - webont are generally negative
>about them, the more work they have to do, the less support there will be in
>OWL for these.

...right. BUt then, Webont are free to rule out this part of RDF from
OWL, and take the resulting heat from their user community.

I think it would be easier for OWL if it were presented with XML
literals as a distinct syntactic category, since that would enable
them to deny equality substitution inside XML literals without
compromising their semantics.

Pat
IHMC					(850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola              			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32501           				(850)291 0667    cell
s.pam@ai.uwf.edu   for spam