Re: xml literal lex space question

At 22:57 31/07/03 +0100, Brian McBride wrote:
>Graham Klyne wrote:
>
>[[
>The value space
>     is the set of all exclusive Canonical XML (with comments,
>     with empty InclusiveNamespaces PrefixList ), which when embedded
>     within an arbitrary XML start tag and an end tag form a document
>     conforming to XML Namespaces [XML-NS].
>]]
>
>The canonical xml is a sequence of octets.  Since and xml document is a
>sequence of characters, you can't stick a sequence of octets between a
>start tag and an end tag and get an XML document.

Er, oh yes.  That's existing text:  I just copied it from:
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/TR/WD-rdf-concepts-20030117/#section-XMLLiteral
so I suppose that will need changing as well.

Tries...

[[
The value space
     is the set of all exclusive Canonical XML (with comments,
     with empty InclusiveNamespaces PrefixList), which when the
     character sequence they represent is embedded within an
     arbitrary XML start tag and an end tag form a document
     conforming to XML Namespaces [XML-NS].
]]

(This use of octet sequence from C14N gets uglier and uglier... oh well.)

#g

Graham Klyne  <GK@NineByNine.net>
Nine by Nine
http://www.ninebynine.net/