Re: quick syntax question.

>On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 00:08, pat hayes wrote:
>>  Regarding the below, my current version says this:
>>
>>  "... there may be valid D-entailments for
>>  particular datatypes which depend on
>>  idiosyncratic properties of the particular
>>  datatypes, such as..." (old text at end of
>>  section 7.4, now following added:)
>>
>>  "In particular, the value space and
>>  lexical-to-value mapping of the XSD datatype
>>  xsd:string sanctions the identification of typed
>>  literals with plain literals without language
>>  tags for all character strings which are in the
>>  lexical space of the datatype, since both of them
>>  denote the Unicode character string which is
>>  displayed in the literal; so the following
>>  inference rule is valid in all
>>  XSD-interpretations. Here, 'sss' indicates any
>>  string of characters in the lexical space of
>>  xsd:string.
>
>That last sentence is particularly cunning.

<Bows head, with a quiet smile..>

>Too cunning?   Should we
>note that some plain literals are not in the lex space of xsd:string?

Well, if you really think so.  We could write an essay here referring
to charmod, XML 1.0, XML 1.1 etc.., but I figured that I might try to
actually believe what Tim is always saying, viz. that how its
supposed to work is that people actually read the specs and work it
out for themselves. But maybe I was just getting tired.

Pat
IHMC	(850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.	(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32501			(850)291 0667    cell