Concepts: URI references

From: Graham Klyne <gk@ninebynine.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 21:31:46 +0100
To: rdf core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
Cc: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>

I've just been looking at the specifications of URI references in an RDF
graph, and it seems that the only part of the Concepts document that says
that relative forms are not allowed is merely informative:

   http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/TR/WD-rdf-concepts-20030117/#section-URI-Vocabulary
[[
... noting that relative URIs are not used in an RDF graph.
]]

I think this should be stated in the normative section on URI references:
   http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/TR/WD-rdf-concepts-20030117/#section-Graph-URIref

For example, the first paragraph might read:
[[
A URI reference within an RDF graph (an RDF URI reference) is a Unicode
string [UNICODE] that would produce a valid URI character sequence (per
RFC2396 [URI], sections 2.1) representing an absolute URI with optional
fragment identifier when subjected to the encoding described below.
]]

#g

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>