Re: RDF/XML Media Type registration draft

Aaron,

Since much has passed since we approved this document, I thought it
appropriate to re-review it.  I have a number of comments, concerning:
   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-swartz-rdfcore-rdfxml-mediatype-02.txt

Section 2, 3:
The citation of the RDF data model is to the formal semantics document:  I
wonder if citing the abstract syntax wouldn't be more helpful here.

Section 4:
Since this was drafted, we decided to pull the "social context" material
from Concepts.  I think that it would be appropriate to also pull it from
the MIME type registration.

Section 5:
Would it be appropriate to cite Concepts here. cf:
   http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/TR/WD-rdf-concepts-20030117/#section-fragID

Author's Address:
Do you really want to publish (what I assume is) your home address and
phone number in a permanent document?  All that is required is your name
and email address.  Everything else is optional.  Your call.

Regards,

At 10:23 24/07/03 -0500, Aaron Swartz wrote:

>I'm soliciting comments on the media type registration draft for
>RDF/XML:
>
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-swartz-rdfcore-rdfxml-
>mediatype-02.txt
>http://www.aaronsw.com/2002/draft-swartz-rdfcore-rdfxml-mediatype -02.html
>
>As required by section 2.3.1 of RFC 2048, I've sent it for review to
>ietf-types and ietf-xml-mime.  Dan Connolly says the document has
>undergone sufficient W3C review because it is [referenced from the
>syntax draft].  However, I'm happy to take any comments from the WG or
>other W3Cers/RDFers at the same time. Do folks think sending a note to
>www-rdf-interest or something would be in order?
>
>[ref]
>http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-rdf-syntax-grammar-20030123/#section-MIME- Type
>
>I plan to fold in all the comments I receive and release a new version
>in two weeks. (After that, I need to ask the IESG if they want to do
>their own Last Call, wait for RDF to go to Recommendation, update the
>draft to refer to the Recommendation, and then submit it to be
>published as an RFC.)
>
>--
>Aaron Swartz: http://www.aaronsw.com/

Graham Klyne