Re: call for agenda items

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 15:29:51 +0100
To: Patrick Stickler <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>
CC: ext Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, rdf core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>, Martin Duerst <duerst@w3.org>, i18n <w3c-i18n-ig@w3.org>

> Since what I am proposing is (I believe) exclusively a change
> to the RDF/XML syntax and RDF/XML to graph mapping, I was waiting
> to hear from Jeremy and Dave particularly.
>
> Jeremy didn't seem to thrilled, though I think he is seeing
> ghosts. I didn't want to get into that before/unless there
> was some clear indication from the WG and you in general that
> this is something we should actively address further.

I have been confident that the basic framework agreed for XML Literals as
we resolved the original issues (in Cannes?) works.

I am not confident that a fundamental change to that framework would work.
I might be seeing ghosts, but we would need to work through application
scenarios for embedded XHTML in detail. I have failed to come up with a
succinct example as to how it does not work but remain prejudiced against
any variant of the proposed change.

Jeremy