Re: XML observation

Hello Jeremy,

I don't think anyone would seriously claim that XML is
only either XHTML or data. There are many textual formats
that are not XHTML. xmlspec, xml2rfc, and docbook are
easy examples. Most of these may have some kind of
neutral element, but that's different in each case.
And <span> or <div>, even if they are fairly 'neutral',
are additional markup.

Regards,    Martin.