RE: Formal Objections: [was Re: regrets for 2003-01-17]

From: <Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 08:47:17 +0200
To: <connolly@w3.org>, <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: <me@aaronsw.com>, <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

> Likewise, I'm sure Patrick stated his objections on
> behalf of Nokia, and I believe they're part of the WG
> proceedings, though I'm not sure which part could
> serve as a succinct statment of his position; perhaps
> he'd like to nominate or write something.

C.f.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Sep/0160.html

Though note that after a significant amount of internal discussion
and debate, we decided not to formally oppose the present
solution, and the chair was notified of that. Though there
remains a strong degree of dissatisfaction in certain aspects of
it (namely the tidy treatment of untyped literals resulting
in the need to recode large amounts of existing content and
the lack of a mechanism for implicit datatyping).

Patrick