W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org > December 2003

RDF Core WG telcon Minutes 2003-12-05

From: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 11:29:19 +0000
To: RDF Core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
Message-Id: <20031209112919.1da150d3.dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>

Agenda:
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Dec/0006.html

Transcript:
  http://www.w3.org/2003/12/05-rdfcore-irc

swebscrape:N3:python: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/scripts/minutes2n3.py
date: 2003-12-05

item 1: admin

Present:
  Dave Beckett (scribe)
  Dan Brickley
  Jeremy Carroll
  Dan Connolly
  Mike Dean
  Jan Grant
  Graham Klyne
  Frank Manola
  Brian McBride (chair)
  Eric Miller

Minutes of 2003-11-07 telcon in 
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Nov/0063.html
as update with document last modified dates and sizes given in
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Nov/0065.html

APPROVED


2. Update from team on PR

Discussion.  Congratulations were given to having lots of detailed
test cases.  The summary of RDF Core test results produced by Sandro Hawke
are at http://www.w3.org/2003/11/results/rdf-core-tests

Document status review

Primer

Frank Manola has updated 
  http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/TR/WD-rdf-primer-20030117/Overview.html
    Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 15:03:21 GMT
    Content-Length: 425004
    md5sum 4ec3fa06098da0e9821cc96beea77328

ACTION: 2003-12-05#1 bwm to review that the changes to primer 2003-12-05 are ok

Syntax

Dave Beckett has two minor changes he'd like:
1) German spelling and grammar in an example
2) Adding section pointers to last changes in the changelog

ACTION: 2003-12-05#2 daveb make the syntax changes recorded in minutes 2003-12-05

Schema

Dan Brickley reported some changes are outstanding:
1) minor wording fixes that are not required (per
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003OctDec/0124.html) 

2) change of the range of rdf:predicate to be rdfs:Resource per
WG decision on 2003-11-07
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Nov/0063.html

This change was done by danbri during telcon, producing a new document:
  date: 2003/12/05 15:33:30; author: danbri; state: Exp; lines: +3 -3

3) also changed the RDF schema XML file rdfs-namespace.xml to match 2)

Semantics

PatH not present.

Testcases

Jan Grant noted that he had added an explicit marker for simple
entailment, added after earlier discussion and agreement.

Dave Beckett described a minor change to N-Triples BNF to fix a
quoting bug reported in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003OctDec/0043.html
The change is:
< <td><a href="#string">string</a> '^^' <a
---
> <td>'"' <a href="#string">string</a> '"' '^^' <a

ACTION: 2003-12-05#3 daveb make the N-Triples document quotes change.

Concepts

Jeremy Carroll and Graham Klyne described that the changes since the 7
Nov WG meeting version (revision 1.55 date: 2003/10/07 14:19:58) were
minor document publication things; removing status, old changelog
section, fix some spellings, links.  The document is ready.


3. mime-type registration

Graham Klyne reviewed the state of registration and IETF / W3C views
of the process.  Current I-D (this URL will die):
 http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-swartz-rdfcore-rdfxml-mediatype-03

The summary is the document is sufficiently stable to point at and it
is reasonable to request request RFC publication as an informational
RFC, which remains the intention.  GK has seen a W3C doc that says we
should wait till REC.  The IANA type registration will cite the
published RFC.  The RFC will cite the W3C documents, currently
points to syntax, concepts and model theory undated TR URLs (with a
vast mixture of publication dates).

Proposal by GK to pick up the publication of this after PR was
agreeded.

AOB bwm: The TAG has a last call on arch doc soon and is looking for
volunteers to review on behalf of RDF Core.  Reminder by email.


4. Postponed issues: advice to the CG on what to do about them.

It was suggested that people look at the postponed issues
  http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#futures
and consider the next steps for them.  No urgency on feedback.


5. Date of Next Meeting

Both co-chairs unavailable 2003-12-12.  Next meeting date
to be arranged, possibly not before January 2004.
Received on Tuesday, 9 December 2003 06:34:50 EST

This archive was generated by hypermail pre-2.1.9 : Tuesday, 9 December 2003 06:34:53 EST