Re: Minutes of telecon: 2003-08-15

From: Graham Klyne <gk@ninebynine.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 12:40:53 +0100
To: RDFCore Working Group <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

At 12:25 18/08/03 +0100, Jan Grant wrote:
>Item 11: I18N update.
>
>   The WG discussed an upcoming objection from I18N.
>   em explained that we needed to give strong evidence that we had
>         explored the design space; that we had done "due diligence"
>         with the community; that we had considered and rejected
>         the objection for sound reasons.
>
>   pats expressed the view (to some support) that the I18N problems
>         are generic XML ones, not RDF specific ones; that RDF wasn't
>         the place to address these.

I believe Brian had been following a line that there was no substantiated
foundation to the objection;  i.e. that the I18N folks had failed to show
any specific harm caused by the current proposal.  If I'm right that this
is the current position, then preparin a response based on our research of
the design space seems to be missing the point.

#g

Graham Klyne          _________
GK@ninebynine.org  ___|_o_o_o_|_
(nb Helva)       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~   @Little Venice, Grand Union Canal