CR and 'at risk'

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 12:33:42 +0100
To: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

The process document

allows for some features to be labelled as 'at risk'.
In the Call for Implementations, the Working Group MAY identify specific
features of the technical report as being "features at risk." General
statements such as "We plan to remove any unimplemented feature" are not
acceptable; the Working Group MUST precisely identify any features at risk.
Thus, in response to a Call for Implementations, reviewers can indicate
whether they would formally object to the removal of the identified features.

We could proceed to CR and label the current XMLLiteral design as 'at risk'
  (because of the xml:lang issue) and specifically indicate one or two
other designs that we may change to if implementor feedback indicates the
current design is broken. We could continue to seek feedback on this issue
within the SOTD - even the design concerns (IMO).

(WebOnt did this - which is a somewhat liberal reading of the above text)

We could specifically request implementations that:
- provide API or query support for accessing language information in both
plain literals and XMLLiterals

Given satisfactory implementation reports we can then proceed to PR ... maybe.