RE: whitespace in XSD and RDF

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 12:30:25 +0300
To: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

> Do we really want this to be SHOULD. MAY seems more appropriate,

I said MAY last time, and others wanted SHOULD - I suggest a straight show of
hands should decide this word (I would vote for MAY).

I prefer (a variant of) your wording for the output:

[[
  + Software generating RDF data SHOULD produce lexical forms
    which do not require whitespace processing.
]]

('fully valid' seems to ask more questions than it answers)

Jeremy