RE: whitespace in XSD and RDF

From: <Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 13:17:32 +0300
To: <jjc@hpl.hp.com>, <w3c-xml-schema-ig@w3.org>, <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

Do we really want this to be SHOULD. MAY seems more appropriate,
and more in line with the view that XSD lexical forms that
require whitespace processing to be valid are undesirable.

> + Software generating RDF data SHOULD NOT add additional
> whitespace to the
> lexical forms produced.

Additional? or do you mean any at all?

This could be a bit clearer. E.g.

  + Software generating RDF data SHOULD produce fully
    valid lexical forms which require no whitespace
    processing.

Eh?

Patrick