Re: Denotation of XMLLiterals: poll

Whatever solution we choose, it should provide enough information
to test equality of values.

Option A does not do that. The argument that integers are thus
vaguely defined is bogus, in that integers are defined sufficiently
well to test for equality, among other things. Option A is quite
a bit more vague than the definition of integers.

Option B seems the most promising. I'd like to hear
a summary of the concerns with this. I don't recall seeing anything
on the WG list.

Option C is completely unnacceptable to me. It again introduces
a unique treatment for the rdf:XMLLiteral datatype, among other
shortcomings that I've detailed before and won't repeat here.

If none of the above seem to work, then there is the fourth
option which is to say that XML literals are self denoting,
being canonicalized XML fragments, and those fragments are
comparible by character sequence, and may be mapped by XML
applications to other things, such as XML Infosets,
DOM trees, XPath nodesets, whatever.

Patrick