Draft rdf.rdf

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 11:52:47 +0100
To: rdf core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>, swick@w3.org
I had an action from last weeks telecon to draft an RDFS document to
replace the one at the end of the RDF namespace

   http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#

I have attached such a draft.  It is a cut down version of rdfs.rdf with:

   - a new comment inserted to describe the document
   - the owl:ontology modified to the RDF URI
   - terms in the RDFS vocabulary are removed in the sense that they are
not defined in this document

It uses only syntax defined in M&S, specifically, xml:base is not used.
  Ralph considered this important, at least until we get to rec.

Differences from the document at currently at the rdf namespace URI are:

   - labels are included for all terms
   - the comments are consistent with those used in RDFS.rdf and the
current specs
   - an Owl ontology element has been added
   - the list vocabulary rdf:List, rdf:nil, rdf:first and rdf:rest has
been added
   - the rdf:XMLLiteral class has been added.
   - domain and ranges for rdf:value are specified for all properties
   - there is an rdfs:subClassOf property for all classes
   - there is an rdfs:isDefinedBy property for all terms