RDFS change: rdfs:comment for rdfs:member versus its rdfs:domain

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 09:20:04 -0400
To: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
Cc: roland@mathematik.uni-osnabrueckchange

RDFCore,

We say that rdfs:member (the superproperty of rdf:_1, _2 etc) has an
rdfs:domain of rdfs:Resource, allowing it to be applied to anything
without implying that thing is a Container.

I believe the text in
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/TR/WD-rdf-schema-20030117/#ch_member
is perfectly consistent with that. *However* the rdfs:comment for
rdfs:member says:

"A member of the subject container."

This is a bug (thanks to Roland Schwaenz for spotting it). We need a new
and more non-commital rdfs:comment for this property.

Creative suggests welcomed. In the absence of inspiration, I propose:

rdfs:member, "A member of the subject resource."

Admittedly this doesn't make much sense, but we don't give ourselves a
great deal of space in our rdfs:label glosses to expand on detail.

Any objections to running with the above proposal?

Dan