Re: XML literals and Semantics doc

From: Peter F. Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 22:57:14 -0400 (EDT)
To: phayes@ai.uwf.edu
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org, jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com, Graham.Klyne@MIMEsweeper.com

From: pat hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Subject: XML literals and Semantics doc
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 20:49:25 -0500

> http://www.coginst.uwf.edu/~phayes/RDF_Semantics_Editors.html
>
> is now dated 21a April.
>
> I have modified the terminology of XML literals (see intro to section
> 3.1) to make the conditions both readable and right, and corrected a
> mistake concerning the RDF namespace definition: thanks to Peter for
> noticing these.
>
> Jeremy and/or Graham, I think this handles the grouse I had with you
> about the needed XML literal terminology from Concepts.  I still
> think it would be better if your document defined this stuff, though.

I agree entirely.

> Peter, does this now read OK to you? If so I will formally respond to
> your listed comments about XML literals.

Well, on a quick read I can't find anything wrong.  However, the whole
development of XML literals is quite complicated and quite distasteful.
(The latter is, of course, only my opinion.)  Because of this I find that I
have no confidence that it is correct, only that I can't find anything
obviously wrong.

> Otherwise this is unchanged in its essentials from the version of the 18th.
>
> The appendices are still to do.
>
> Pat

peter