Re: revisions to semantics

From: Jos De_Roo <jos.deroo@agfa.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 19:53:00 +0200
To: "pat hayes <phayes" <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

Hi Pat,

[...]

> Jos, when you wake up,

that was already 10 hours ago
but it's quite busy here...

> could you check the new rules?

of course

> In particular,
> Im not sure that they get all the right properties from the empty
> graph, eg that all the built-in classes are in fact type rdfs:Class
> and all are subClasses of Resource.
>
> Note the change to rdfs7 and the new rule 12 (rule 11 is an old
> datatype rule) . Also Ive put all the 'trivial' Resource domains and
> ranges into the axiomatic triple table, note.

I tried to put that in
http://www.agfa.com/w3c/euler/rdfs-rules.n3
(in a hurry, and you may see some missing
rules, but that is actually because we
have them builtin, as otherwise rules
such as eg rdfs5b and rdfs7b take too
much steps, especially in owl full)
I also used back the old rdfs7a.

From the empty graph we can derive
http://www.agfa.com/w3c/euler/rdfs-query.n3
as explained in
http://www.agfa.com/w3c/euler/rdfs-result.n3

Also all positive entailment testcases in
the repository are still working (be it that
we need more steps, but it's less than 2 times).

I have to check where we now have some trouble with
http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/cardinality/Manifest001
http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/cardinality/Manifest003
http://www.w3.org/2002/03owlt/cardinality/Manifest005
or maybe they are OK now, i.e. not provable ;-)

-- ,