W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org > April 2003

repost of minutes in swebscrapable form

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 15:19:44 +0100
Message-Id: <5.1.0.14.0.20030414145209.05556660@localhost>
To: RDF Core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

MINUTES RDFCore WG Telecon 2003-04-11

date: 2003-04-11

SUMMARY:
* DECISIONS:
RESOLVED: gk to send msg 0206 for timbl-02 as amended
ABSTENTION: jos

RESOLVED:
WG not accept horrocks-01 for reasons stated in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Apr/0110.html
UNANIMOUS

RESOLVED:
not to change the URI REFS for the RDF and RDFS namespaces
Graham abstaining

RESOLVED:
pfps22 and pfps23 with the text outlined in message 0201
with the note for reviewrs and the last paragraph removed
UNANIMOUS

RESOLVED:
pfps-16 is addressed by deleting the one sentence "The expressive power ..."
UNANIMOUS

RESOLVED:
williams-01 is rejected, but the text is made more consistent as in msg 0199
UNANIMOUS

* NEW ACTIONS:
gk send response to timbl-02
jeremy identify which four concepts issues will be progressed next
jeremy propose closures on four concepts issues for next telecon
dave make proposals on remaining syntax issues by next telecon
bwm talk to danbri about schema issues
jos check impact of closure rule changes on implementation
danbri To propose eight resolutions for the next telecon
jjc editorial changes reflecting not changing namespace URI
daveb editorial changes reflecting not changing namespace URI
jjc update CONCEPTS in light of decision pfps 22 pfps 23
gk respond wrt pfps 22 pfps 23 when the text is ready
jjc update CONCEPTS in light of decision pfps 16
gk respond wrt pfps 16 when the text is ready
jjc update CONCEPTS in light of decision williams 01
gk respond wrt williams 01
em Request that the documents at the end of the rdf and rdfs ns uris
be updated
daveb reply to pfps "we have considered yr e-mail and decided to ask
for the document at the namespace to be updated"

* SELECTED CONTINUED ACTIONS:
2003-03-28#9
jjc update Concepts in light of XML Schema LC review editorial comments
2003-03-28#11
danbri check for editorial actions on Schema from XML Schema LC review
2003-03-21#9
jjc Check the details of the denotation of
XMLLiterals in section 3.1 of Semantics WD draft
2003-04-04#11
jjc Produce a test case for tex-01 (as outlined in message
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Apr/0077.html
with RDF/XML premise and conclusion inputs) and reply to issue raiser.
Agenda
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Apr/0187.html

IRC Transcript:
http://ilrt.org/discovery/chatlogs/rdfcore/2003-04-11.html
or http://www.w3.org/2003/04/11-rdfcore-irc#T15-56-13
1: Jeremy volunteered to scribe

2: Roll Call
PatH, EMiller, GrahamKlyne, Jeremy
Brian, Daveb, jang, DanBri later.
Regrets danbri (partial), miked,frank,patrick

3: Review Agenda
Added AOBs: section 3.3 of concepts
OWL Test Cases

4: Next telecon 25 Apr 2003 1000 Boston Time
Omitting next week as it is a public holiday in some countries.
Volunteer Scribe: JanG


5: Minutes of 28 Mar 2003 telecon with corrections
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Apr/0097.html
APPROVED

6: Minutes of 04 Apr 2003 telecon
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Apr/0128.html
APPROVED

7: Confirm Status of Completed Actions
ACTION: 2002-02-26#1 bwm
Add to postponed issues list, URI
see:
http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdfs-lang-vocab
ACTION: 2003-03-14#1 jang
take a final pass of the -comments list to identify remaining items
that have not been dealt with or been assigned process numbers
see:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Apr/0099.html
ACTION: 2003-04-04#1 bwm
To send review comments (with addition of suggestion of adoption of
DTed literals) to CC/PP
see:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Apr/0129.html
ACTION: 2003-04-04#10 daveb
Let RolandS know that bagId has been removed


8: reminder: reviewing Owl docs:
2003-03-28#1 danbri review OWL Reference when published as Last Call
2003-03-28#2 janG review OWL Reference when published as Last Call
2003-03-28#3 bwm review OWL Reference when published as Last Call
2003-03-28#4 JanG review OWL Semantics when published as Last Call



9: Status on Incoming Last Call Comments
Please can editors follow up on these as given.
Jan's list of messages without followup
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Apr/0099.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003JanMar/0208.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003JanMar/0206.html
[all editorial, no ack]
Pat??

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003JanMar/0211.html
[IIRC this has been responded to but I can't find the thread that deals
with it]
Pat??

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003JanMar/0228.html
[language tags and datatyped literal design, by Pat Hayes himself. This
is currently being debated on rdfcore]
Pat??

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003JanMar/0265.html
[aaron's comment on 404s attached to pfps-14. No ack from Aaron]
Graham - in progress

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003JanMar/0295.html
[EricP's comment about examples in Primer. Frank's prompted him for
reasons why; this is to do with nonopaqueness issue of URLs. No response
from EricP but I think this is captured in other discussion]
Frank??

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003JanMar/0328.html
[question about illformed collections. related to pfps-12 by Brian]
Pat, please can you take this one.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003JanMar/0348.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003JanMar/0494.html
[ter Horst's editorial suggestions, last not ack'ed]
Pat??

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003JanMar/0355.html
[DanC on member and collection; recall this being discussed, can't find
a closing message]
Danbri??

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003JanMar/0384.html
[late, another question about creating a class for rdfs:Schema. No ack]
Danbri??

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003JanMar/0416.html
[late, typo, no ack]
Danbri??

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003JanMar/0440.html
[late, JJC asking about appropriate behaviour for rdfs:foobar]
DaveB??

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003JanMar/0362.html
[Massimo: semantic support for Bag/Alt. This was discussed IIRC but I
can't find the thread]
Pat??

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003JanMar/0598.html
[this is OK, but the response is in the Apr - Jun section, the question
is in Jan-Mar, just if you're looking for it]

2003-03-28#8 daveB editorial comments for Syntax from XML
Schema review
Completed

2003-03-28#9 jjc update Concepts in light of XML Schema LC
review editorial comments
Continued

2003-03-28#11 danbri check for editorial actions on Schema from
XML Schema LC review
Continued



10: Status on responses to Last Call Comments
Awaiting responses to:
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20030123-issues/#qu-01
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20030123-issues/#qu-02
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20030123-issues/#williams-01
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20030123-issues/#timbl-02

Discussion of #timbl-02
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Apr/0206.html

Agreement that msg should be amended with Roland Schwaenzl full name, and URI
http://www.mathematik.uni-osnabrueck.de/staff/phpages/schwaenzlr.html
RESOLVED: gk to send msg 0206 for timbl-02 as amended
ABSTENTION: jos
ACTION: gk send response to timbl-02



11: Schedule

ACTION jeremy identify which four concepts issues will be progressed next
ACTION jeremy propose closures on four concepts issues for next telecon
ACTION dave make proposals on remaining syntax issues by next telecon
ACTION bwm talk to danbri about schema issues
ACTION danbri To propose eight resolutions for the next telecon

Side discussion on impact of Herman's comments on closure rules:

ACTION jos check impact of closure rule changes on implementation

13: Issue horrocks-01
(taken out of order)
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20030123-issues/#horrocks-01
Jos has done some tests that showed problems with Ian's proposed
treatment of rdf comments.
RESOLVED:
WG not accept horrocks-01 for reasons stated in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Apr/0110.html

12: Issue pfps-04,pfps-05,pfps-06,pfps-07,pfps-10
Pat needs to move this forward.
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20030123-issues/#pfps-04
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20030123-issues/#pfps-05
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20030123-issues/#pfps-06
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20030123-issues/#pfps-07
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20030123-issues/#pfps-10

Pat's message:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Mar/0069.html

ACTION 2003-03-14#6 (gk) review semantics editor's draft wrt
changed arising out of pfps-04 -05 -06 -07 -08 -10
ACTION 2003-03-14#7 (jang) review semantics editor's draft wrt
changed arising out of pfps-04 -05 -06 -07 -08 -10
Both Done, awaiting Pat to respond.

ACTION: 2003-03-21#9 jjc Check the details of the denotation of
XMLLiterals in section 3.1 of Semantics WD draft
CONTINUED



14: Issue tex-01
ACTION 2003-04-04#11 (jjc) Produce a test case for tex-01 (as outlined
in message
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Apr/0077.html
with RDF/XML premise and conclusion inputs) and reply to
issue raiser.
Test cases still to do.
Continued.

15: Namespace change
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20030123-issues/#efth-01

RESOLVED:
[[
not to change the URI REFS for the RDF and RDFS namespaces
]]
Graham abstaining
See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Apr/0153.html
for rationale

ACTION jjc editorial changes reflecting not changing namespace URI
ACTION daveb editorial changes reflecting not changing namespace URI


16: Concepts Issues
pfps-22, pfps-23:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Apr/0201.html

Discussion about predicting changes to the namespace, Grahams last paragraph.

RESOLVED:
pfps22 and pfps23 with the text outlined in message 0201
with the note for reviewrs and the last paragraph removed
UNANIMOUS

ACTION jjc update CONCEPTS in light of decision pfps 22 pfps 23
ACTION gk respond wrt pfps 22 pfps 23 when the text is ready

pfps-16 (revised proposal):

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Apr/0200.html
extended discussion concerning section 3.5
Both in LC document and in the new proposed text.
This sentence "The expressive power of RDF corresponds to the
existential-conjunctive (EC) subset of first order logic [Sowa]."
was highlighted as problematic.

RESOLVED:
pfps-16 is addressed by deleting the one sentence "The expressive power ..."
UNANIMOUS
ACTION jjc update CONCEPTS in light of decision pfps 16
ACTION gk respond wrt pfps 16 when the text is ready

jjc & gk agreed to make the changes to 2.2.6 and 2.2.7 as in msg 0200
as editorial changes.

williams-01 (revised proposal):

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Apr/0199.html

latest amendment reflect comment from Patrick

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Apr/0192.html

RESOLVED:
williams-01 is rejected, but the text is made more consistent as in msg 0199
UNANIMOUS
ACTION jjc update CONCEPTS in light of decision williams 01
ACTION gk respond wrt williams 01

Fragments
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Apr/0203.html
These are editorial changes made in light of last call comments.
There are no substantive last call issues.
Little discussion.
Patrick's unhappiness was noted.
E-mail discussion to continue.

17: documents at end of RDF(S) namespace URI's
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Apr/0012.html
Extended discussion (see IRC)
ACTION em Request that the documents at the end of the rdf and rdfs ns uris
be updated
ACTION daveb reply to pfps "we have considered yr e-mail and decided to ask
for the document at the namespace to be updated"

AOB 1: Section 3.3 in Concepts
http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-concepts/#section-Datatypes
which bits are normative?
Editorial agreement (jjc+gk) to move normative sections
from here to Abstract Syntax part. Jeremy to circulate
draft since it will technically be substantive.

AOB 2: OWL Test Cases
Jeremy indicates that the plan is to move this to LC fairly
soon, so a review now would be premature.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
swebscrape:N3:python: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/scripts/minutes2n3.py
Received on Monday, 14 April 2003 10:32:51 EDT

This archive was generated by hypermail pre-2.1.9 : Wednesday, 3 September 2003 09:56:56 EDT