Re: williams-01, proposal to close (revised)

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 21:59:47 +0300
To: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

>Concerning section 3.2

The problem is that the phrase:

"the representation of statements containing blank nodes"

can be parsed

  representation
  /                 \
the                of statements
                              \
                              containing blank nodes

with the statements containing the blank nodes
or

        representation
the     of statements      containing blank nodes

with the representation containing the blank nodes.

Neither statements nor (concrete) representations contain blank nodes.
Blank nodes only appear in triples, which are abstract representations of
statements. I take the representations here to be concrete representations in
which blank nodes are indicated for example by a blank node identifier.
(I would accept that blank nodes appear in representations drawn as graphs
with circles without labels)

Jeremy