Re: 2002-09-27 telecon minutes

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 15:47:10 +0100
To: Graham Klyne <GK@NineByNine.org>, RDF core WG <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

Thanks for being so prompt with these Graham:

At 17:47 27/09/2002 +0100, Graham Klyne wrote:

[...]

>DECISION:  the decision on untyped literal semantics is reopened
>on basis that it was so finely balanced, and our staff contact/
>activity lead has so requested.

I would like the record to show that the chair called for comment on the
proposal to reopen, that several comments were made in support of
re-opening and none were made opposing it.

The reason for re-opening is not so much that Eric has asked us to, but the
reasons he gave why we should.  In particular, the WG had not considered
the effect of the decision on WG schedule.

[...]

>No decision was reached in the matter of identifying
>literal occurrences.

My recollection is that the observation was made that no one was supporting
having sysID's on literals and that whilst no formal decision had been
made, future work was likely to proceed on the basis of not having them.

Brian