Issue #rdf-containers-otherapproaches

From: Graham Klyne <GK@NineByNine.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 13:38:42 +0100
To: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: RDF core WG <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

Since this issue was closed as "this issue is out of scope for this WG" I
note that we have since decided to include a list facility along the lines

Should first issue resolution be updated?

[[[This bit below is probably a non-issue -- I note an inconsistency in
some meeting minutes, but the actual test case matches what I think was
intended, so probably no concern.]]]

I also note an inconsistency in the minutes at which this was discussed:
11: daml:collection
    o Approve Jos's test case as the basis for resolving this issue
    o add the new names to the rdf namespace
    o use parseType="Collection"
    o typed nodes are permitted as collection members
    o Action dajobe to add update the syntax spec based
      on Jos's test case
    o Action Jan to amend Jos's test case to show a typed node member
      and add it to the test cases with status approved
    o close this issue

General agreement in principle, discussion of details:
(1) agreed to create a daml:collection like structure in RDF
(2) use rdf: namespace rather than rdfs:?
      Or use a new container namespace for the generated terms?
-- AGREED: go ahead with RDF namespace, but note reservations.
     Be prepared to change if good reasons arise.
     (The second most popular idea was to use a new namespace.)
(3) Change spelling to rdf:parseType='Collection'  (note capitalization)
(4) Do we want to keep the rdf:type xxx:List triples?
-- YES
(5) instead of rdf:type properties, use rdf:member properties linked to
-- NO
ACTION 2002-05-31#2, DaveB: Update syntax spec with above decisions
ACTION 2002-05-31#3, JanG: Update test case document with this, and other,
test cases
DECIDED: the test case is approved
- http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002May/0159.html

Namely, the approved test case uses RDF schema namespace, but the decision
recorded was to use the RDF namespace.

Similarly, re. spelling of parsetype.

Since I recorded those minutes, I must take responsibility for the errors
here.  I assume the intent was to "approve the test cases with changes to
namespace and parsetype as noted"?  The test case itself
seems to reflect this intent.

Graham Klyne