RE: Datatypes Draft Questions & Comments

From: Graham Klyne <Graham.Klyne@MIMEsweeper.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 13:25:29 +0100
To: Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com
Cc: <spetschu@ca.ibm.com>, <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

At 10:51 AM 8/31/02 +0300, Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com wrote:
>Well, those were desiderada put forth by WG members. If the
>final proposed solution does not address them, then we should
>say so clearly. But they still remain valid input into the
>process.
>
>It certainly would be possible to try to do some wordsmithing
>to make them clearer.

I think it's reasonable to view the desiderata as part of the process of
arriving at a specification, rather than something that has to considered
part of the final specification.

To the extent that they aid understanding (the motivation of) the spec, I
think it's helpful to leave them.  But if we've dramatically scaled back
the goals of datatyping, I don't think it necessarily helps to include them
in the reduced document.

#g

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>