Syntax spec, tentative thumbs up

From: Graham Klyne <GK@NineByNine.org>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 17:14:19 +0000
To: RDF core WG <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

I apologize that I haven't had time recently to look through the contended
section 2 in detail, but on earlier review I did think this contains useful
material.  I think the presentation of so-called "striped syntax" is very
useful for showing how RDF/XML syntax can be used in a "user friendly" fashion.

I would prefer the material to be where it currently resides in the
document.  I found the formal syntax description can be difficult to follow
if the reader doesn't start out with a reasonably clear idea of what the
syntax looks like.

I think that many of Jeremy's editorial comments seemed appropriate and
would like to see them folded in.  (Caveat: I haven't checked them in detail.)

I have no strong opinion about marking this section "informative":  my
intuition is that it doesn't harm.

If the editor is able to commit a reasonable level of effort, I see no
reason why the revisions could not be ready for last call (i.e. if he says
he can do it, I see no cause to disbelieve).

#g

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>