Re: comments on concepts doc

At 05:15 PM 10/29/02 +0000, Brian McBride wrote:
>At 16:15 29/10/2002 +0000, Graham Klyne wrote:
>
>[...]
>
>>Section 2, references to background material.  Recalling the difficulties
>>I had when originally learning about RDF, I think references to
>>background information are really important.
>
>Why?

Short answer:  because it's information that I would have found very
helpful when I was trying to understand about RDF.

I'll spare you a long answer, and suggest a compromise:
(a) I separate the citations into a separate section titled something like
"background reading".
(b) We coordinate with Frank to put that section into the Primer.

>>Section 2.4.5:  I think this section makes an important point.  I can
>>massage the words.
>
>What point?

(a) there may be alternative serialization forms
(b) RDF/XML is the (only) one that is standardized by this family of
specifications

#g

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>