Re: FW: status of LBase

From: pat hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 12:06:44 -0500
To: "Jeremy Carroll" <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

>Peter has sent this message to webont, which suggests the need to show some
>relationship between lBase and one of the SWELs.
>
>[[[
>Also, is there a mapping from any semantic web language (RDF, RDFS, OWL
>Lite, abstract OWL, Fast OWL, Large OWL) into LBase?  I would think that
>it would be a good idea to have at least one such mapping before LBase gets
>to be a W3C note.

Fair point. The next version of the RDF MT document will have such a
mapping and will be re-christened 'RDF semantics'. I put up a slide
of such a mapping for (most of) OWL at the Bristol F2F., you can see
it at http://www.coginst.uwf.edu/~phayes/OWL2LBASE.html

We could include all or some of this in the Lbase document if people
feel it is useful.

I also now feel that the document should refer more thoroughly to
earlier work in 'axiomatic semantics', just on grounds of
scholarliness and due form. I will put a few sentences in the doc if
nobody objects.

Pat
IHMC					(850)434 8903   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola              			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32501           				(850)291 0667    cell