Re: rdf:datatype v xsi:type

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 09:44:17 +0200
To: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

> one attribute that can take qname values and none of the others

From the parser writers point of view this would be a pain.
The hard work is in supporting the first, and then we can't give (this useful
functionality) to the users other than in a very limited scope.

Thus qnames in RDF2 looks like a plausible mantra.

There is also a can of worms that we are currently ducking to do with
invisibly used namespaces (in XML Literals). I find it harder to duck if we
(like xsi, xslt xpointer ...) decide that invisibly used namespaces are cool.

(Note xsi:type="xsd:decimal" visibly uses xsi, and invisibly uses xsd).

Jeremy