Re: The emperor's new datatypes

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: 27 Nov 2002 09:07:47 -0600
To: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: Graham Klyne <GK@NineByNine.org>, RDF core WG <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

On Wed, 2002-11-27 at 08:55, Brian McBride wrote:
> I just peeked into the list after a couple of days of working on other
> stuff and this was the first message I saw.  I am responding to it without
> having seen other recent traffic.
> Have we not discussed different ways of doing datatyping enough?

No. We have discussed it more than I would have liked,
but not enough to air all the relevant issues.
I have seen new information since these decisions

11Oct (items 7 and 8)

6Sep (item 10)

and now that you have asked the WG, yes,
I support re-opening them. I think the decisions
we've taken will do more harm than good.

> The issues that Graham addresses here are closed.  I hope the WG will have
> the self discipline to recognise that, and that this will be the only
> response on the list to Graham's post.

Well, I'm confused. You could have just said "this issue is closed;
stop talking about it on this list." But you didn't; you
asked whether we should reopen it; my opinion is
that we should, so I can't just not reply.