Yet more XSD/RDF

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 15:51:34 +0100
To: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

I completed my investigation doc.

See:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2002Nov/att-0092/02-index.ht
ml

More important points are:

- there are issues with the XSD document: most is clear, a small part is
clear in the opposite direction.
- types derived by restriction correspond to rdfs:subClassOf
- don't use xsd:QName, xsd:ENTITY, xsd:ENTITIES
- even if we stick to the bits that are clear then implementation looks
hard.
Particularly any test that relies on finiteness of a datatype, or of an
intersection between datatypes.

Another hard entailment:

_:a rdfs:subClassOf xsd:postiveInteger .
_:a rdfs:subClassOf xsd:byte .

entails

_:a rdfs:subClassOf xsd:unsignedLong .

(I don't think my paper helps much with that one).

Jeremy