closing 2002-06-17#5 re rdfs-isDefinedBy (RDFS TODO)

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 10:34:57 -0500 (EST)
To: <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

2002-06-17#5  danbri  Update the schema spec to reflect the resolution of
                      rdfs-isDefinedBy.

[[
Resolution: On 17th June 2002 the RDFCore WG resolved:

This property indicates a resource which contains information about the
subject. Often, this property is used to indicate the source of the
subject uriref, where its owner specifies its intended meaning. The
subject node of this property can be any uriref, and the value may be any
document or resource; the usage is not restricted to a particular form or
schema
]]

Currently:
[[
The property rdfs:isDefinedBy is a subproperty of rdfs:seeAlso, and
indicates the resource defining the subject resource.
]]

I propose to update RDFS using this text:
[[
This property indicates a resource which contains information about the
subject. Often, this property is used to indicate the source of the
subject uriref, where its owner specifies its intended meaning.
]]

I don't propose to use:
[[
The
subject node of this property can be any uriref, and the value may be any
document or resource; the usage is not restricted to a particular form or
schema
]]
...since it suggests that only urirefs can be used, not bnodes. I'll add
something in the same spirit.

Dan