Re: freenet URIs and URI ownership

Jeremy--

Sorry, but you *still* need to explain what the problem is better.  For
one thing, you need to explain the connection between being responsible
for defining the meaning of URIs and being responsible for certain
statements or other things those URIs might refer to.  A URI is a *name*
for something, not the something itself.  If there's a slanderous
statement made by a person X, say the statement "Joe is a bozo", person
Y doesn't become responsible for that statement by giving it a name, say
"the_Joe_is_a_bozo_statement", and saying, in effect, "that's the name I
use when I refer to that slanderous statement made by X".  Similarly, I
can use the name "the Monroe Doctrine" without, I hope, being mistaken
for Monroe.

--Frank