Re: Technical tweaks to the MT, for reviewers.

At 11:47 AM 11/8/02 -0600, pat hayes wrote:
>2. Now that subClassOf and subPropertyOf have 'iff' semantics, that raises
>a slight complication: it means that anything with an empty class
>extension, which right now includes anything that isn't a class, is a
>subclass of anything, and similarly for properties. That has a lot of
>unintuitive consequences, and I propose to remove them by *defining*
>classes to be things that are in  rdfs:Class, similarly properties and
>rdf:Property, and then restricting the 'iff' definition of subClassOf to
>hold only between classes, and again similarly for properties.

Can someone point me at the rationale for having iff rather than if here?

>4. Does everyone agree that   rdfs:member rdf:type
>rdfs:ContainerMembershipProperty .  ? I can go either way, but this will
>require a small tweak.

Hmmm... I don't know.  Why do we need rdfs:ContainerMembershipProperty at
all?  I'm tempted to suggest deleting it:  any reasons for not doing so
will hopefully answer your question ;-)

#g

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>