Re: Primer synch with other documents

From: pat hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 18:38:45 -0600
To: Frank Manola <fmanola@mitre.org>
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

>(onlist)
>
>Just a notification that I'm going to change the Primer references
>to be  the same as those in both the Syntax and Concepts docs (e.g.,
>RDF-VOCABULARY instead of RDF-SCHEMA).

In the MT I use 'vocabulary' to mean a set of urirrefs (that get
interpreted by an interpretation). The prefixes rdf- , rdfs-, etc,
are used to distinguish different senses of satisfiability,
entailment etc, which refer to different kinds of interpretation.
That means that it would be natural to take 'rdf-vocabulary' to mean
a set of urirefs being interpreted using the RDF interpretation rules
(which in this case means that rdf:Property and rdf:type have to
interpreted correctly, but the rest is peanut butter). Would that
cause any confusion, do you think?

Pat

IHMC					(850)434 8903   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola              			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32501           				(850)291 0667    cell
s.pam@ai.uwf.edu   for spam