refining closure text for rdfs-isDefinedBy-semantics

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 10:09:50 -0400 (EDT)
To: <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

Re http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002May/0030.html

> > Aaron's proposed resolution:
> >
> > - isDefinedBy is a Property
> > - it has no further semantics in the RDF Model Theory
> >
> > - further subclasses of it may be created by others
> > - it is out of scope for RDF Core to create these subclasses
> >
> > No dissent.
> > ACCEPTED: tihs proposal was accepted.

I raised some minor concerns with this.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002May/0030.html

Here is a reworded closure text. I consider this closed, and offer this
as a bugfix better characterisation of why / how we close it.

Main problem was the use of 'sub-class' rather than 'sub-property' in text
above.

	 - isDefinedBy is a Property
	 - it has no further semantics in the RDF Model Theory

	 - further sub-properties of it may be created by others
	 - RDF Core doesn't currently expect to create any of these.

Can we close this for good please?

Dan

--
mailto:danbri@w3.org