RE: XML Base

At 10:17 AM 3/20/02 +0000, Jeremy Carroll wrote:
>Seems like a proposal to:
>
>- draw the relevant XML wg's attention to difficulties in interpretating
>xml:base with same document references, (particularly when the base is a
>URIref).
>
>- select the xml:base test cases that:
>   - test general URI resolution
>   - test general xml:base behaviour
>   and mark them as non-normative

I think this proposal opens a deeper question:  are any of the test cases
normative?

My concern is about having multiple documents providing the same
information normatively.  In particular, if a test case is found to
conflict with specification text, which takes precedence?

#g

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>