RE: XML Base

From: Graham Klyne <Graham.Klyne@MIMEsweeper.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 12:51:55 +0000
To: "Jeremy Carroll" <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: "Dave Beckett" <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>, <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
At 10:17 AM 3/20/02 +0000, Jeremy Carroll wrote:
>Seems like a proposal to:
>
>- draw the relevant XML wg's attention to difficulties in interpretating
>xml:base with same document references, (particularly when the base is a
>URIref).
>
>- select the xml:base test cases that:
>   - test general URI resolution
>   - test general xml:base behaviour
>   and mark them as non-normative

I think this proposal opens a deeper question:  are any of the test cases
normative?

My concern is about having multiple documents providing the same
information normatively.  In particular, if a test case is found to
conflict with specification text, which takes precedence?

#g

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>