RE: schedule to last call?

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 12:25:23 -0000
To: "Brian McBride" <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, "RDF Core" <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

> its a "do
> we think we can do this"?
(frankly no)

At somepoint DanC pointed out that it is good manners to have a first call
prior to last call.

I am concerned that we are not leaving the possibility for the community to
review the datatyping proposal.

In this schedule the first MT with datatyping *is* the last call.
The gap for commuity feedback on schema (with or without datatyping) before
the last call WD is available is (less than) a week.

As is, as far as I know, we don't have a finished datatyping proposal to
write up into the WDs.

On the other hand, last call is not a rec, and we should get community
feedback at that point ...

> all:     Are there any holidays or other outages that will affect
> the schedule?

There is a webont f2f on 8th/9th April.

> editors: Do you commit to achieving this schedule?
> all:     Do we commit to the necessary detailed reviews for a last call
> publication as per this schedule?  I'd like to identify specific
> reviewers
> for each document.

I am happy to review:
  Model Theory
  Test Cases (I will at least identify the syntactic test cases that ARP
fails, and try and verify them manually).

If there really are two weeks (Apr 12 - 26) to do it in then I probably can
find the time.

> all:     What other groups should we approach for last call comments?  I
> have, webont, xml schema, i18n, canonicalization,
> DC,  PRISM, CC/PP as possibles but request advice.

(I would suggest highlighting only the relevant section to c14n - they are
not RDF literate).