Re: schedule to last call?

On 2002-03-20 14:25, "ext Jeremy Carroll" <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com> wrote:

> I am concerned that we are not leaving the possibility for the community to
> review the datatyping proposal.
>
> In this schedule the first MT with datatyping *is* the last call.
> The gap for commuity feedback on schema (with or without datatyping) before
> the last call WD is available is (less than) a week.

Would it be reasonable to alert the most relevant groups to the planned
schedule, and point them to the WD's along the way, so they realize that
they will not have a long leisurely time to review the last call spec?

> As is, as far as I know, we don't have a finished datatyping proposal to
> write up into the WDs.

It will reflect the present state of concensus -- and though not finished,
it seems pretty close to complete, even with the remaining issues.

> On the other hand, last call is not a rec, and we should get community
> feedback at that point ...

Quite so. And even if folks do not choose to review the WD's along
the way to last call, they can be made aware of the short review period
after last call well in advance of that time, so they should be
"primed" for review.

Cheers,