XML Base and XML Infoset

From: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 12:24:57 +0000
To: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

I just noticed that the XML Infoset requires the use of XML Base.

I'm not sure how I missed that earlier!  Thus XML Base in RDF/XML
really must be implemented as long as we derive our syntax
specification from the Infoset, and that is something we must do, in
my opinion.

  "Several information items have a [base URI] or [declaration base
  URI] property. These are computed according to [XML Base]."

  -- http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-infoset/#intro.baseURIs

and XML Base is a normative reference for the XML Infoset.

The only caveat is that to use the infoset, you define what parts you
want to take from it and if we decided not to use [base URI], I
assume XML Base would not be required.

Dave