Making progress

From: R.V.Guha <guha@guha.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 09:06:48 -0700
To: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

I'd like to reiterate Pat's point.

If darkness is specified by the addition of something to the graph, then
there is no way to avoid non-mon. We have been over this many times now.
Could we please stop reopening this issue?

Jan, same problem occurs with your proposal too. Let us suppose a file
contains:

<rdf:Descrpition rdf:about="eg:foo">
	  <eg:blah>wibble</eg:blah>
</rdf:Description>

Nothing is dark here. I then merge this with another file containing

<rdf:Descrpition rdf:about="eg:foo">
	  <eg:blah rdf:dark="yes">wibble</eg:blah>
</rdf:Description>

I have essentially retracted statements from the first file without touching it.

Darkness specification has to be *in the language*, not in a particular
file using the language.

Jan