Re: new semantics initiative

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 12:11:05 -0400 (EDT)
To: "R.V.Guha" <guha@guha.com>
cc: patrick hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>, Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

On Fri, 14 Jun 2002, R.V.Guha wrote:

> This is not just a single namespace. It is a space of namespaces. So,
> some terms from owl  will be in it. As will some terms from daml-s and
> so on. Any term inroduced by any future language to deal with logical
> machinery (e.g., log:implies by cwm/euler), should be designatable as
> going into this namspace so that RDF doesn't think its a simple triple.

This is a nice high level overview, thanks.

I would like to see "to deal with logical machinery" fleshed out in more
detail. Can you offer a more detailed account? What counts as "dealing
with logical machinery"? (I fear a repeat of the rdfs:ConstraintResource
mistake, where we didn't have a clear notion of which future
classes/properties would be flagged).

Dan