Re: new semantics initiative

From: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 09:02:21 +0100
To: patrick hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org, Jonathan Borden <jonathan@openhealth.org>

>>>patrick hayes said:

<snip amount="lots"/>
> (6) Does this require any changes to syntax/ test cases/ Ntriples/
> datatyping/ whatever?
> A: No.

Until you had used the word 'namespace' in the bit I've cut from
above, I would say no.  When namespace appears in the MT, I'm
worried.

I just went and checked in the MT WD, and you do use it a few more
times than I expected.  Hmm!

Patrick Stickler has said elsewhere that "namespaces are punctuation"
which is a bit strong, but for RDF/XML that is mostly correct.  RDF
does not have namespaces in the model (theory).

Dave