Re: Overview and Abstract Data Model - new document

At 11:11 AM 7/30/02 +0100, Dave Beckett wrote:

> > Dave
> > Graham
> > > Currently, we *are* normative on these.
> >
> > Dave we did for a while have a crossed wire in the doc where we were citing
> > c14n rather than xc14n, that may have been your point of confusion on that
> > one.
> >
> > (xc14n depends on c14n so either way we *are* dependent on c14n :( ).
>
>And charmod?  If you add a dependency here - and it is an addition -
>it's to a WD, not a REC and it would be a new thing that RDF
>implementors would have to look at.  I'm pretty confident we decided
>not to depend on charmod in it's current non-REC state.

I don't know/recall the details of the discussion, but this is what the
document says:

[[
4.1 Character normalization

[[[This subsection normatively depends on CHARMOD, currently a last call
working draft. If CHARMOD has not reached the appropriate recommendation
status as this document progresses down the recommendation track, this
section will be deleted.]]]

For the processing of character data that can be represented in different
ways, RDF processors are required to conform to Early Uniform
Normalization, as described by Character Model for the World Wide Web 1.0
[CHARMOD].
]]

I think the principle here was thrashed out with I18N folks (BICBW).

#g

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>