Re: Concerns about reification

From: Pat Hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 14:05:30 -0600
To: Frank Manola <fmanola@mitre.org>
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
>I think it's probably appropriate to ask if people think we've done
>enough or, at least, what else they think ought to be done to "declare
>victory".  My own view (expressed in my message to Sergey) is that we
>can't just "wash our hands";  too much has been made of "RDF
>reification" in the past.  That means we probably need to be more
>explicit about what our "revised position" is about reification, e.g.,
>for guidance of any editor that needs to write about it.  (In other
>words, here's an invitation for anyone who wants to "declare victory" to
>write the "victory declaration statement".)

I think we have done enough. It doesn't amount to much as part of a
formal definition of a language, but a big step for mankind by
getting the issues clear. I think Brian is eminently qualified to
write the victory statement, but I could have a shot at it.

Pat

IHMC					(850)434 8903   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola,  FL 32501			(850)202 4440   fax
phayes@ai.uwf.edu
http://www.coginst.uwf.edu/~phayes