Re: RDFCore WG minutes for the Telecon 2002-02-15

On 2002-02-16 19:58, "ext Dave Beckett" <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk> wrote:

> 18: Issue rdfms-literalsubjects
> Should the subjects of RDF statements be allowed to
> be literals?
>
> Propose:
>
> o  the WG resolves that the current syntaxes (RDF/XML,
>    n-triples, graph syntax) do not allow literals as subjects.
>
> o the WG notes that it is aware of no reason why literals
>   should not be subjects and a future WG with a less
>   restrictive charter may extend the syntaxes to allow
>   literals as the subjects of statements.
>
> See:
> http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdfms-literalsubjects

Could my posting

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Feb/0464.html

please be added as a "Further Discussion" reference for this issue, if
that can be done even after it is agreed to be closed?

I did not bring this up during the telecon as I did not feel
it should delay approval of the action or that rewording of
the resolution was manditory. Nor did I wish to consume
further valuable time on it.

Still, I would like for there to be some kind of mention somewhere
about the tidy/untidy, meaningful/nonmeaningful subjects issue, and
I think my use case referenced above is a reasonably specific and
precise summary of the issue.

Thanks,