Re: Agenda for RDFCore WG Telecon 2002-02-15

At 15:13 14/02/2002 -0600, Dan Connolly wrote:
>On Thu, 2002-02-14 at 12:46, bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com wrote:
>[...]
> > and we advise implementors of RDF serializers:
> >
> > (e) in order to break a URI into a namespacename and a local
> > name, split it at the last XML name character. If the URI
> > ends in a non-name-character
>

>this bit is misleading/useless:
> > and no other information is available
> > to indicate where to split the URI,
>

>If the URI ends in a non-name character, you lose. Full stop.
>There is no absolut URI reference r and XML name n such that
>         concat(r, n) = "http://example/bad-name/"

Right.  I misread the original.

I've removed my "value add" and made a change to respond to Patrick's point.

(e) in order to break a URI into a namespacename and a local
name, split it at after last XML non-name character. If the URI
ends in a non-name-character throw a "this graph
cannot be serialized in RDF 1.0" exception.