Re: Outstanding Issues

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 15:10:37 +0000
To: Pat Hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
At 16:44 13/02/2002 -0500, Pat Hayes wrote:

>If anyone objects that its hard to know how many items there are in the
>container, then tell them that if they object to finding that out by a
>recursive search, they shouldn't be using Prolog in the first place.
>
>I think we should just make this an official RDF non-issue.

As expressed, I would agree with that sentiment; its hard for me to accept
that the idiosyncracies of a particular programming language should have
much to do with what we do.

However, I think the real issue here is not about programming languages,
its about representing closure.  I think (DanC please confirm, you raised
this), that the question is "How do I represent the fact that there are no
more members of this container after rdf:_nnn".

I rather like your end marker technique Pat.

Brian