Re: Oh my GOD, another datatype document.

On 2002-02-05 1:32, "ext Pat Hayes" <phayes@ai.uwf.edu> wrote:

> ... but the discussion is confused because the Ntriples
> *syntax* is ambiguous when literal nodes are not tidy.

Then, as a step towards resolution, let's agree that literals are
tidy. It doesn't break S. It doesn't break the fundamental core
of TDL (though the TDL MT would have to give up any notion of
the literal denoting a mapping, and there anyway seem to be
ways to address that in the TDL MT).

Let's agree that a literal is a literal -- and for any given
literal there is one and only one literal node -- and whether
that literal contributes to some interpretation that provides a
typed value, and how that happens, is the real issue at hand.

Note! This still does not mean that "untidyness" does not have to
be dealt with properly. It does. But we just agree that we won't
deal with it via untidy literals, but by some other mechanism
either in the graph or in the MT.

Does this make things easier for everyone?

Are you OK with such a convergence, Jeremy?