Re: reification test case

* Frank Manola <fmanola@mitre.org> [2002-02-03 16:05-0500]
> Sorry, I need a "real" (not abstract) example.

This is a formalisation of the old 'stating vs statement' characterisation of
the confusion surrounding M+S's notion of an rdf:Statement. For a real example, pick
any interesting triple from some worldy use case. Create two descriptions of a
bnode of rdf:type rdf:Statement using the pre/subj/obj from that tripe, i
and attach differing 'who said this and when they said it' information to each.
The question is really about whether the class rdf:Statement has members
that are uniquely picked out by their pred/subj/obj characteristics, or whether that
class can have two members with the self-same pred/subj/object values.

To avoid mixing this up with the literal datatyping issue, it is probably best to
use examples where the object of the statement is a URI rather than a literal.

Dan