Re: RDF schemas/analysis of XML Schema datatype relations (Re: Minutes RDF Core WG Telcon 2002-12-06)

>At 11:11 09/12/2002 -0600, pat hayes wrote:
>
>[...]
>
>>Agreed. Now, who is going to actually write up this thing? Who's the editor??
>>
>>I ask because we are now in the same kind of position with regard
>>to this that we were with Lbase: we need to be able to refer to it,
>>but in order to do that it has to exist.
>
>I've been assuming that we have no need to refer to it at this time.
>I'm trying to avoid exactly that dependency.
>
>>Maybe Brian should intervene and order one of us to do it.
>
>My plan for now has been to have Eric set up the communication
>between the two WG's and take things from there.  But that has been
>assuming that we don't need to refer to it now.

Ah, wait. There are two issues here.

1. Getting XML Schema sorted out. This requires liaison and
Eric-level cooperation and God knows how much time.

2. Writing up the XSD -as-an-RDF-datatype summary of all the
XSD-style entailments that an XSD-savvy RDF engine (sorry, Dan) would
need to assume true, purely as an informative exercise and taking the
XSD spec at face value, putting the best interpretation on its
intended meaning (and the one that they are almost certain to settle
with once they get their terminological knickers untwisted.)  Based
on - largely a transcript of - the tables in Jeremy's document.

  Seems to me that we can do the latter quite quickly and that it
would be handy for our readers and also a useful contribution to the
terms of our charter. This was the thing I was assuming that we would
want to refer to.

Pat
IHMC					(850)434 8903   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola              			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32501           				(850)291 0667    cell
s.pam@ai.uwf.edu   for spam