Re: "meaningless terms" verbage for Primer

From: Frank Manola <fmanola@mitre.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 11:29:31 -0500
To: Patrick Stickler <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>
CC: ext Jan Grant <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>, w3c-rdfcore-wg <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

Patrick Stickler wrote:

> [Patrick Stickler, Nokia/Finland, (+358 40) 801 9690, patrick.stickler@nokia.com]

"Consistent machine interpretation" sure.  But it seems to me you're
going beyond that, to a requirement for a machine-interpretable
definition as the basis for all this consistent machine interpretation.
    As I said in an earlier message, that's something we want to move
toward, but I don't think we can throw out the older approaches quite
yet, as problematic as they may be (how do people write TCP/IP software,
for example?)

--Frank